Saturday, December 4, 2010

PG aka "Puke Girl"

Time: 230am
Date: Nov 2010
Location: Malaya's Bed
Incident: PUKE!

Okay, so for those of you that know me (you shouldn't be reading this blog if you don't) you probably know that I was once known as the infamous Puke Girl (or PG for short) back in my high school days. Yes, it sounds horrible... and that's because it was. I was blessed with an incredibly weak stomach... so let's just say car rides, fair grounds, or the occasional stay up way to late and eat junk food with my girlfriends... wasn't the best on my stomach. Sadly, I have thrown up at just about every friends house, or their parents cars, or at every summer fairgrounds possible. Yuck... Well, over the years my ability to make it to the bathroom has gotten much better and these throw up sessions have been few and far between (except for the THREE months I was puking my guts out while I was pregnant with Malaya, and the yearly flu).

Well... now it's payback time!!!

Actually, I would say my payback began when Malaya was about a month old. She would throw up just as soon as she was done eating... always drenching herself and me. Let's just say- in the first eight months of Malaya's life.... the washer got a beating!

This brings me to the reason for me posting. I just wanted to share with all of you one of my wonderfully eventful night. It started off great. Malaya in bed before 11pm, just starting to fall in that deep deep sleep... when suddenly (at 230 am) I hear Malaya crying out for dada. I go to pick her up and make it to the door way of our bedroom, when I realize that her blanket is wet and it smells like PUKE! Yuck... I called for Greg to turn the lights on and help me out. Turns out that Greg had given Malaya two botles attempting to put her to bed (while I was at work).... and I gave her another one shortly after (without knowing she already had two). Well, lets just say the smell was bad enough that even Greg threw up! Great! Now I had two messes to clean. We ended up putting Malaya in the bath and starting a load of laundy at 3 am... sorry to our downstairs neighbors. I would go into more detail, but at the risk of causing others to puke, I will resist. :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is never, ever fun! I'm glad she is feeling better. Poor Greg, Brian is the same way:)

The Fuquas said...

Nights like that are fun, I'm just so proud of you for not puking. I remember you throwing up on my bed once in 4th grade :) and I think your brother puked in our suburban. haha.

The de la Houssaye's said...

Oh that is so sad. Brexton Threw up all last night but I am pretty sure this is the flu because he has a high fever also. So not fun, oh the joys of motherhood!