Monday, June 8, 2009

We Love Malaya!

Malaya's story:
We went to the hospital Thursday night around 7. By the time we got checked in and hooked to fluids, we found out I was already dilated to 2 1/2 and I was having small contractions without really noticing. Yay! They gave me pitocin and I had contractions all night. By 4 am the doctor broke my water and contractions came very hard and every 2 minutes. Yikes! I thought I was going to die! So... then came the epidural, and sweet relief! By 9am I was ready to start pushing. She came very fast. The first moments of her life she was laid on my stomach and she just stared into my eyes. I was overwhelmed with joy to see her and it was a feeling I can't quite describe. We are so blessed to have baby Malaya in our lives. What a sweet spirit she brings in our home.


Malaya with her daddy getting all dressed and ready to head home.
Doesn't she look so cute!?!


Malaya loves her bouncer! We tried to put her in her crib to sleep, but she would wiggle out of her blanket and be squirming all over.
She likes the constant movement in the bouncer and it just cuddles perfectly. So cute!

We love you Malaya!

5 comments:

Brynne said...

She is SOOO beautiful!! I love all of the cute girly stuff. :) That feeling is amazing and it is one you will never know until it happens to you! Congrats!!

Jessica said...

She is so dang cute!! I need a girl to dress up and cuddle :) Congratulations!!

Jamie Giles said...

Congratulations you guys! She is so beautiful. We are so excited for you guys. There is nothing like it. I will be checking out your blog for more cute pictures.... keep us posted when you can. Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, we all were so excited to hear she finally came. I have to hide these pictures from Jill for a while so she does not get any strange ideas.....:) The kids say hi and congrats as well. Love you guys, I hope mom is doing well too. Talk to you soon when you've relaxed a bit. Scott & Jill

The de la Houssaye's said...

Oh my goodness Kalie she is so adorable! I am so excited for you! Congrads!